Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Viva La Sketch & Diva Dare - Birthday Flower Wishes

This month I started with July's Week 2 of Viva La Sketch Challenge, designed by Charmaine Ikach over at Splitcoaststampers and wanted to combine it with this month's Diva Dare challenge.

This month's Diva Dare challenge:
This month's dare pays tribute to Julee (Poetic Artistry) owner and creator of Verve Stamps and Diva Teresa (Paperie Blooms). Julee has created countless, uplifting sentiments which have become one of Verve's trademarks, and Teresa knows how to rock distressing and "shabbiness" on her cards. So we're daring you to create a card using an uplifting sentiment and some distressing and/or shabby element to it. Kind of like an encouraging card you have received which you have read so many times the edges are a bit tattered. Just remember to use at least one Verve product on your creation!
Here is my card below:
For the paper, I looked for something that might appear Shabby and reached for this paper called: Lucy (ctmh) and combined it with Grey Flannel cardstock. Than used my little tool to distress all edges. From there, I focused on the center and distressed around it also.

Next, I used one of my newest stamp sets I got by Verve called: Making A Statement and tried to use many of the stamps in it. For the notepaper, I used Pool Party ink by SU and than used the Rounded Scallop Frame Die by Verve around it. To make the rectangle frame look longer, I cut in between and covered it with the Cardstock (So Saffron (SU) on top. 

Love these flowers and so happy to have bought the Loopy Blooms Die Set to cut them out. Here I stamped directly on the paper and same for the leaves (Pear Pizzaz). Used some foam mount to pop up the flowers in between and under the little bird, which I colored with my prisma colored pencils.

Final touch was to add some basic pearls. When finished, I forgot to add ribbon which I had meant to put from the beginning. This goes to show you that things change as you create. Enjoy and give it a try.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Making A Statement (Verve)
Paper: Lucy X7149B(ctmh)
Cardstock: White, Grey Flannel (ctmh), So Saffron (SU)
Inks: Distress Black Ink (Tim Holts), Pool Party (SU), Pear Pizzaz (SU)
Accessories:  Loopy Blooms Die Set (Verve), Rounded Scallop Frame Die (Verve), Basic Pearls, Prisma Colored Pencils, Foam Mount



1 comment:

  1. Great BG and love those loopy blooms! Lovely touch with the distressed edges too. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete