Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Challenge #34 - Christmas

What a fun site having Christmas all year long so I decided to join in with their Challenge #34 over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long with a photo inspiration and anything goes week challenge. Plus this way I get more Christmas cards done for the Caring Hearts Card Drive.

Here is my card:
Since I just got these goodies, I figured why not use them and try to design something I can re-create fast and this is what I came up with. First I started with Spring Flowers Stencil from MFT and used white embossing paste and covered with a mix of clear embossing powder and red glitter.

Since I wanted the flowers a little more vibrant red, I colored over them with my copic red markers cleaning the glitter that was getting on my marker along the way, but it works. Marker looked fine when done.

Stamped this cute little girl from the stamp set: Jingle All the Way using my copics once again and focused on the colors of the photo inspiration (reds, green, white) and popped her up using foam mount. Sentiment came from the set Merry Messages which I just adore. 

I continued playing around and almost added the cute little Christmas tree or some other embellishment but in the end decided to leave it as is and not add more since the glitter makes this card shine and didn't want to take away from it.

Colors Used:
Face: E01, E11, R20
Har: YR21, E15, E18
Dress: R24, R27, R29
Scarf and boots: YG23, YG17, YG67

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Jingle All the Way (MFT), Merry Messages (MFT)
Cardstock: Smooth White (MFT), Cherry Cobbler (SU), X Press It Blending
Inks: MFT Hybird Ink Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Spring Flower Stencil (MFT),Light Modeling Past (Liquitex), Glitter (Martha Stewart), Foam Mount

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I think it is absolutely perfect without any added embellishments. And I love how you created the glittered "paper". Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. Love how you used the stencil and glitter for the background. The image is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete