Wednesday, July 22, 2015

PP254 - Special Delivery on Your Birthday!

Wanted to create another card for this challenge over at The Paper Players with PP254 and create a frame around this cute little penguin from the Sugar Pea Designs. Also, joining Seize the Birthday as they have "Anything Goes" this week where this card is Special Delivery (Birthday Wishes)

Here is my card:
To create my frame here, first I die-cut a stitched square using Blueprints 14 and next, I took the same square and placed a stitched circle in the center using Stitched circle dies from Simon Says Stamp as that would leave a stitched look on the outside of the circle. 

Next, I die-cut another circle using the same dies so that I could place that in the center where I created my background by adding some clouds first using Maliblue ink and than for the grass portion, I die cut using the Stitched Snow Drifts and Jellybean Green cardstock. and added that to the background.

Colored in this adorable penquin from the stamp set: Happy Mail using my copic markers. Since, I wanted to create some depth to the frame look, I added some craft foam under the white square to raise it up, but before that, I added the sentiment from the same set. Next, I popped up this little penquin as well using foam mount and added some enamel dots to finish it off.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out all the inspiration.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set:  Happy Mail (SugarPeaDesigns)
Card stock and Paper: White, Black, Jellybean Green (MFT), X Press It Blending Paper (copic coloring)  
Inks: Black Licorice (MFT Hybird), Copic Markers, Maliblue (SSS), Wild Cherry Ink (MFT)
Accessories:  Blueprints 14 (MFT), Stitched Circles Dies (SSS), Enamel Dots, Craft Foam, Foam Mount Tape 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is super cute! I love the fun image. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Your coloring is just divine....what a cute little penguin. Love the frame too! Thanks for sharing this and playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I say the same thing every single time, Elizabeth, but you are such a Copics expert! I'm in awe of your coloring and just love this adorable card!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card and so beautifully colored. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cute and I love your colouring of this adorable image! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete