Friday, February 12, 2016

It's Your Birthday!



Now trying to get back into some fun and play as I always enjoy making cards for others and bringing a smile, but earlier this year, I had a great loss in my life occur and will let it at that since this is suppose to be a Happy Post. 

Coloring and crafting has been a great tool and enjoying participating in Kathy's 30 day coloring challenge over at The Daily Marker.

For this card, I wanted to create a one layered Birthday card to celebrate a sweet friend of mine's birthday and to wish her a fabulous day and year, so I pulled out these Mini Tags from Pretty Pink Posh to create some balloonsI 

To create the look, I used an inlay technique by first die cutting three round Mini Tags. Than, I placed them where I wanted them to go and proceeded with the technique. If you would like to see a video tutorial on inlay technique, you can click here

Next, I went on to create the background sky by using some Tumbled Glass Distress ink and added the strings to the balloons. Since, I wanted little bows, I pulled out the Twine and Bow die and used some Gold Foil card stock. 

If your wondering how I did the grass section, I first die cut a Grassy Fields border die from (MFT) and placed the negative cut on top of where I wanted the grass. From there, I sponged in some Green Leaf ink from Simon Says Stamp. Basically, just like a stencil. 

To finish off the card, I colored in this cute little elephant and stamped in the sentiment using the Adorable Elephants set from (MFT) and added some 4mm clear droplets.


SUPPLIES:


2 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute!! Love the polka dot balloons and that cute little ellie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Elizabeth! I love the pp's for the balloons, such fun! I also love the 'new look' blog too! Have a lovely weekend and Valentine, whatever you do! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete