Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sending Big Hugs on Your Birthday

As mentioned before, I have several of my instagram friends who celebrated their birthday recently and I said in my previous post that more birthday cards to come. So here is another one. This card was fun to make and best of all easy steps to make several cards to send out to family and friends. 

Previously, I made a backround using the water lifting technique, so I deceided to use it for this card as I love the colors. From there, I used a 2 5/8" circle die to create my center as I wanted to add the smaller Scallop Circle from Pretty Pink Posh on top to add a decorate look. 

Next, I wanted to add a sentiment, so I die cut the mini scallop border using the Stitched Border 4 collection from Pretty Pink Posh as it's one of my favorites and than cut a 3/8" black strip to place on top of the white border. 

Here, I pulled out the Birdie Fiends stamp set as it has a wonderful varitey of sentiments and love the font style which I embossed using versamark and white embossing powder. Than, I stampled the little envelope and little heart from the Birdie Notes set to add next to the sentiment.  

Now moving on to the focal point of the card, I pulled out the Winter Friends stamp set to use this cute little penguin and than stamped the umbrella from the Rainy Days set which was colored using my copic markers. 

Also, I added foam mount tape to pop them up along with one more little envelope stamped with the little heart. 

Last but not least, I added some beautiful new 4mm Rose Gold sequins along the inside of the circle and alternated it with some 4mm clear sequins

1 comment:

  1. This is darling Liz!! I do love that PPP polka dot umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete