Wednesday, March 18, 2015

PP236 - Happy Birthday with Florals

I'm sure many of you know this challenge site, but for me it's a new one with The Paper Players PP236 of Florals which gave me a chance to play with a new stamp set I got: The Big, the Bold and Extras.
Here is my card:
Lots of fun stuff on this card by starting with texture paste and Flower Pattern stencil by Simon Says Stamps. Before the paste was dried, I added some Holographic embossing powder to add some glitter. Later, I cut out the panels by using my Horizontal Stitched Strips dies.

Since I wanted to incorporate Kathy's 30 day coloring challenge over at The Daily Marker, I colored these flowers using distress inks and watercolor paper. After coloring my paper, I stamped the flowers using white embossing powder and fussy cut each one. For the leaves, I colored those with my copic markers. I've been participating via instagram (lizstamps_15) with coloring if you would like to check it out.

This adorable script sentiment is from the stamp set called: Hand lettered thanks which is surrounded by Stitched circle dies. Final touch was to add just a few sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

If you haven't already checked out the challenge site, go check them out to see wonderful ideas and inspiration.  

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: The Big, the Bold & Extras (Winnie & Walter), Hand Lettered Thanks (Wplus9),
Cardstock: Smooth White, Kraft (MFT), Watercolor Paper (Ranger), X Press It Blending Paper (copic coloring)
Inks: Black (Hero Arts), Copic Markers, Distress Inks
Accessories: Stitched Circles (SSS),Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Flower Patter Stencil (SSS),Texture Paste ( Ranger), Holographic embossing powder (Ranger),  Foam Mount

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love how you've colored the flowers and the colors are so bright and happy! Great layout and I love those stitched dies too...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Elizabeth! The white embossed flowers look so bright and cheerful and I love the circle element and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Elizabeth! The white embossed flowers look so bright and cheerful and I love the circle element and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this sss stitched circles in my craftroom hahaha beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete