Thursday, September 22, 2016

Mini Shakers - Get Well Cards

Many of my friends have not been doing well, so I thought I would create some quick mini shaker cards using the Stitched Photo Frames from Pretty Pink Posh to send out to them as to cheer them up.  

To start this mini card, I pulled out some white card stock and cut a 5" x 7" piece which I folded in half. This way, the finished card size is 3.5" x 5". 

Here is my card: 
From there, I cut a piece of white card stock measuring 3 1/4" x 4.75" and added some designer paper using the 6x6 inch Perfectly Plaid from Lawn Fawn as my background. To give it some dimension, I added some white fun foam underneath the panel. 

I do love these Stitched Photo Frames and thought it would be perfect to use for these mini shaker cards as it's easy to make several of them. 

If you’re wondering what paper I used for the top of the photo frame, it's called Beachside from Lawn Fawn. 

Now for this shaker, I thought it would be nice to have the sentiment on the inside of the shaker, so I pulled out the Rainy Days stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh as it has some of the best sayings for cheering up someone. 

Next, I added some 6mm iridescent sequins using the following colors: Balleria Pink and 
Ocean Spray, but since I wanted some pink as well, I added some 6mm Pink Peonies and love the combination of the sparkles together. What do you think?

I realized I had this little raccoon colored already from the Three Amigos set of Mama Elephant already done, so I thought it would be great to add and use one more sentiment from the Rainy Days set to say "Get Well Soon".


SUPPLIES:


1 comment: