Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sending Warm Birthday Wishes!

 

I'm back today with another birthday card and once again having fun with distress inks. Also, joining in over at Seize The Birthday with this week's challenge topping of Soft and Simple and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge of: Use Embossing Powder or Pigment Powder 

 Here is my card:
This card is for Kathy over at The Daily Marker and since she loves flowers, I thought to practice doing some watercoloring again using this Beautiful Bouquet: Ranunculus from WPlus9 Design Studio along with using distress inks.

To start this card, I stamped the image using some versamark ink and than heat embossed using some white embossing powder from Ranger along with some water color paper.

Next, I took several distress ink colors and put them onto a palette to use.

For the leaves: Mowed Lawn and Peackcock Feathers
Litte Flowers: Mustard Seed, Walnut 
Large Flower: Festive Berries, Spun Sugar
Berries: Seedless Preserve
Background: Tumbled Glass

Added a sentiment at the bottom using the Winter Pals set and to add some sparkles, I added several 4mm clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh.as it reminds me of water drops.



4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Liz!! I like the coloring on the florals and the blue color wash in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Bright and elegant. I love the white embossing and colorful flowers. Perfect watercolor effect. Thank you for joining us at SSS Monday Challenge Powder Power! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is exquisite!! : )

    Thank you for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete