Sunday, January 14, 2018

Merry and Bright Christmas Card

As I was organizing my craft room today I noticed one of the Simon Says Stamp monthly kits laying around so I opened it up and noticed it's been sitting there a very long time hidden so I had to use. 

Plus, it has some cute patterned paper which is this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengeAgain, one of my goals this year is to use stamp sets that have been sitting around. I call them NBUS (never been used stuff).  

Another Christmas card for the year 2018 as it's never to early to start stocking up for the year. Here I'm using this cute Merry and Bright set from Simon Says Stamp which came in the kit.

Started off by coloring these images using my copic markers and than put them aside to create a window globe shaker using one of my favorite dies, the Window Frames from Pretty Pink Posh

For the inside scene, I used some distress inks (Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, and Tumbled Glass). From there, I embossed some snowflakes at random and added the sentiment all from the same stamp set. 

To create a little snow hill, I pulled out the Scallop Border dies to give the illusion of more snow.

Added some fun Sparkling Clear Snowflakes in the background and glued them down in place before adding more sparkles. Here, I combined some Iridescent Mini Circles along with some Silver Shimmer Beads to make things shake and sparkle.

Last but not least, added some foam mount tape underneath the images and glued them down in place and added some 4mm Metallic Silver Sequins on top of the tree.

I'll be back tomorrow to join the start of the 30 day color challenge Kathy is hosting. 

Main SUPPLIES:

No comments:

Post a Comment