Saturday, November 5, 2016

Sending Holiday Cheer with Holiday Pals

Getting a start on Christmas cards, so today I wanted to share how this card came together using several Pretty Pink Posh dies, stamps, and sequins to create this shaker card. 

Let me say that when I first started off with this card, it wasn't going to be a Christmas card, but as I was experimenting with some dies, next thing you know, it's Christmas. Also, joining in with the color challenge Kathy is hosting at www.thedailymarker.com with this cute little penguin.

For this card, I started by creating a wreath using the Holiday Pals set and stamped out eight (8) leaves and used the Coordinating dies  to help me cut them. Next, I die cut a circle using the Stitched Circles from Simon Says Stamp along with a darker green cardstock to give it some contrast.

From there, I used the circle as my guide to add the leaves around, but since I wanted to add something more, I pulled out these cute little berries from the Winter Friends set and added them on top. 

Next, I moved onto the shaker element and pulled out one of my favorites, the Stitched Banner Duo and added the sentiment in the center, again using the Winter Friends set and colored in this adorable little penguin using my copic markers. 

When looking at all of the different sequins, I thought this 6mm Holly Jolly Christmas sequins mix would be perfect to use for this card. 

After I was done with the shaker element, I was looking around my craft table when I saw this Mini Tag die in red, so in playing, I added two of them behind the shaker where it gave the illusion of one long banner behind. 

Next, I wanted a bow on top of the wreath, so I pulled out the Twine and Bow die along with using some Silver Foil card stock as to not add any bulk to the wreath. 

For the background, I thought it would look nice to add in some snow effect, so I used the Falling Snow stencil by Simon Says Stamp along with some texture paste by Ranger. 

SUPPLIES: 


No comments:

Post a Comment