Friday, August 2, 2013

Viva La Sketch - Congratulations

I'm late on posting this for VLVJul2013Week and for whatever reason, I didn't start in order for the sketches in July, so this post is July's Week 1 of Viva La Sketch Challenge, designed by Amber Hight over at Splitcoaststampers . Will get on track for August upcoming sketches.

Here is my card:
Made this card as a Congratulations for my daughter and the grand opening of one of the new PINK stores from Victoria Secret out in Northridge, CA tomorrow August 3rd. Her and her team have worked really hard and long hours, so wanted to make something with pink and bright colors to get a smile.

Love this DSP paper on top, but not sure what the name is, but for the base and mats, I used Island Indigo (SU) and the Island Indigo DSP from the Regal Pack (SU). Playing with more stamps that I bought from Verve, the cute butterfly is from the set: So Fluttery and I used A Cut Above Die Flutterby to cut it out along with Melon Mambo inkFor the sentiment, I used the set Let it Be which has some fabulous sentiments and flowers which I plan on using for more upcoming cards.
My Spellbinders Lacey Circle dies were used for the center circle and added foam mount under to pop it up. Also added basic rhinestones in the center of the butterfly. So excited yesterday when I saw the hugh sale over at Verve which is celebrating 6 years that I went crazy buying more stamps and dies on my wish list and forgot to finish my other cards for the month of July.  Enjoy and give it a try!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: So Fluttery (Verve), Let it Be (Verve)
Paper: Regal DSP Pack (SU),
Cardstock: White, Island Indigo (SU),
Inks: Distress Black Ink (Tim Holts), Melon Mambo (SU)
Accessories:  Lacy Circles (Spellbinders), Circle dies (Spellbinders), Flutterby Die (Verve), Basic Rhinestones, Foam Mount

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous Verve cards on your blog! I'm glad you commented on my DTGD card so I could find you. Into my reader you go! :)

    Tricia
    www.simplystamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete