Wednesday, September 25, 2013

VLV Sept Week3 - Autumn Birthday Wish

 
 
Here is my take on the VLVSEP2013 week 3 sketch which also has an inspirational photo that I decided to try as well since I don't have a lot of cards with this color combo. Plus it gave me an opportunity to play with some new paper I got called: Sweater Weather by SU.

Here is my card below:  
At first I wasn't sure what to do with this paper, but once I saw the inspirational photo I thought this would be perfect. Here I used Early Espresso as my mat for this 5x5 card and worked from there. Next pulled out my spellbinder circle dies and added the cute ribbon in the middle. Flag it Die Set came in handy for the upper right hand corner along with some mocha pearls.

Also, used some 1/16th cork across the card from My Favorite Thing. It's nice that it's thin and able to add to cards without to much bulk.
For the main attraction, I pulled out the set Surely Goodness by Verve and played around. For the leaves, I used Early Espresso ink and stamped directly onto Old Olive cardstock (SU) and used the matching die to cut it. Than I used the same ink and stamped directly onto the DSP paper.

Next layer was another flower, but this time the color was: Cajun Craze (SU) and to top it off, I stamped a little flower using More Mustard (SU) fuzzy cut that and added it on top. Each layer is separated using foam mount in between. Sentiment is also from the same set.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Surely Goodness (Verve)
Paper: Sweater Weather DSP (SU),
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso (SU), Old Olive (SU), Crumb Cake (SU)
Inks: Early Espresso (SU), More Mustard (SU), Cajun Craze (SU)
Accessories:  Goodness Flowers Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Flag it Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), 1/16th Cork (MFT), Foam Mount, Mocha Pearls (ctmh)

No comments:

Post a Comment