Sunday, May 10, 2015

MOJO Monday 396 - Happy Mother's Day using new set Lila's Heart

Wanted to play with some of my new stuff and was able to finish another Mother's Day card I needed using the MOJO Monday 396 sketch designed by Julee Tilman. Also, joining the Simon Says Stamps Wednesday challenge which is to use a sentiments.
Here is my card
Love this paper called Fancy That when I received the May SSS kit and wanted to create a Mother's Day card for my daughter so used one of the new sets from the Simon Says Stamps Falling For You collection called: Lila's Heart.

Colored her with my copic markers and than paper pieced the heart using gold foil paper. Loving the new Diagonal Stripes background from SSS which I embossed in gold to use for the bottom slant area of the sketch.

For the sentiment, I used the Mini Doily Circles from MFT and grabbed another SSS stamp set called: Sparkle and Shine for the saying "You're the Best". I must say my daughter saw this and loved all the gold and cute little girl.

As always, if you haven't already checked out the challenge sites, go check them out to see all the wonderful ideas and inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. Awwwww.....such a sweet (and sweetheart) card. Perfect for Mother's Day. I especially like the gold medallion/doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, love mix of patterns - very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing your amazing creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete