Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy Birthday with a Shakercard

We all love sales and today, Pretty Pink Posh is having a 15% off sale valid Monday February 20, 2017 valid with code. Check out her blog for more details.

Wanted to create a Happy Birthday shaker card for one of my IG friends to wish her a belated birthday and since I wanted to create one using a tag, I thought what better way, but to pull out this adorable Stitched Duo 1 die from Pretty Pink Posh as it also has these little stitched squares to add in little sayings along with sequins.

Before I started to piece this shaker together, I wanted to add some sentiments from the Birdie Friends set as I find the words perfect for any occasion, so I took this phrase out and put the words "hugs" above and "to you" at the bottom.

Than I thought it would be fun to add in some birthday balloons, so I pulled out the ornament from the Winter Friends set and did some alterations along with using my copic markers to color them in. Also, a good way to stretch your stamps. 

Here, you can see, by cutting off the hook, I was able to get two different looks for the actual balloon and then added a balloon string to each one. To give them dimension on the card, I added some foam mount tape underneath each one. 

Next, was the fun part of adding in these iridescent 4mm Lavender Moon sequins which I love the way they sparkle. In addition, depending on how the light hits, it creates different hues of colors, so I wanted to make sure to use them for this special birthday card. 

For the center focal point, I wanted to use this cute little bird from the Birdie Notes set as she has a wonderful smile and cheerfulness that would make anyone smile. Next, I used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color it. 

Last but not least, I can't resist but to use this adorable little bow from the Holiday Pals set as I find it's the perfect little hair accessory. 

Don't forget to check out the 15% sale Pretty Pink Posh is having today as it's valid for today Monday 2/20/2017 only.

No comments:

Post a Comment