Monday, January 29, 2018

Hello with Hummingbird

I'm back today with another card to join another day of Kathy's 30 day color challenge. All the details on her blog, The Daily Marker. Lots of fun. Also, joining again over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge of Layer it Up

I couldn't resist but to make another card using these new Hummingbird Thanks stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh and decided to combine it with Pretty Petunias set. 

After coloring these adorable birds, I used the Coordinating dies to help me cut them out. 

Here is the list of Copic color combination is:  

Wing & Head: RV29, RV25, RV21, Y11
Body: B06, B02, B00, B000, also the colorless blender to smooth things over and take away color from the center of the body and ends of wings

Flower: RV29, RV25, RV21
Leaves: G21, G94, G99

For the sentiment, I used the Hello Friend Script die which I cut using black card stock and than clear embossed it three times to give it a glossy enamel look along with some dimension.   

To do this tag, I die cut a tag using the Stitched Duo 1 without the squares and trimmed off the bottom approx 1/4" and added some clouds to it. From there, I added a scallop border using the Stacked Edges 1 using some red card stock. 

Since I wanted just the bottom scallops to show, I cut a strip of black card stock to lay on top.

For the background, I die cut a panel using the Stitched Notes die and did some ink blending using Simon Says Stamp inks along with ranger blending tool.

Colors from top to bottom: Maliblue, Teeny Bikini, Melon, Duckling, Green Leaf.

Last but not least, the Bee Friends set from Pretty Pink Posh has three hearts, so I used the smallest one from the Coordinating die and cut three to add to the black strip and added some 4mm Sparkling clear sequins. 

Added white fun foam underneath the base panel and also added some foam mount tape under the hummingbird and flower. 

SUPPLIES:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Liz! The scene you've created is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete