Thursday, February 5, 2015

OCC Lesson 5 - Inking Tricks

This was one of my favorite days at Online Card Classes and once again looking at different ways to use what you have. Also, I got my 3 yr old grandson involved with this project....good and bad. This card is based on Laura Bassen lesson Day 5 and her card which I love. 
Here is my take:
Every time I would ink the stamp up, my grandson would push my hand down so quick and all over the place and card, so I gave him a different stamp to use and mimic me instead. Therefore, we ended up with 6 different backgrounds using different stamps. Here is one of the backgrounds. He loved it and so did I.

Added this butterfly from Stampin' Up called: Butterflies Thinlits using Strawberry Slush card stock and Vellum. Finally, gave fun foam a try under this instead of foam mount tape and love it. Plus if you do forget to add a sentiment, it's easy to add afterwards. Sentiment is from the set: Sending & Wishing (Simon Says).

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Sending & Wishing (Simon Says), Plaid Background Builder (MFT)
Cardstock: Smooth White, Neenah White, Strawberry Slush (SU), Vellum 
Inks: Black (Memento Ink)
Re-Inkers: Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party (SU)
Accessories: Blueprints 13 (MFT), Circle Die Stax (MFT), Butterflies Thinlits (SU), Fun Foam, Basic Rhinestones, Glue 

No comments:

Post a Comment