Thursday, February 5, 2015

OCClass - Lesson 1 - Clean & Simple Embossing

Love taking these classes from Online Card Classes. This one is Clean & Simple card making #4 and and wanted to give it a shot plus it always amazes me how to look at your supplies different. This one is layered embossing technique.
Here is my take:
This is based on Jennifer's lesson of Day 1 and my take on her card, but since I kept have trouble with my powders, only the older ones. I sometimes wonder if that makes a difference. I love embossing and all of the powders I bought this year work great, but older ones (10 years plus) not so great. It shouldn't make a difference, but I do wonder at times.

Anyhow going back to the card, I decided to die-cut the sentiment 4 times and glue them together instead of embossing to add dimension. Hard to tell in this photo, but the top layer is shimmer card stock and since I had some boo boo's, I covered it up with colored card stock I had on hand. I do like the contrast. 

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Patterned Triangles Background (MFT),
Card stock: Smooth White (MFT), Bubblegum (MFT), Shimmer White card stock (Crafters Companion)
Accessories: Many Thanks Die-namics (MFT),  Embossing Powder (Pink & Blue Teal), Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder (Ranger),  Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment