Monday, April 7, 2014

MFTWSC170 - Happy Birthday with Sunflower Sweetheart

Finally I had a chance to create a card and with all of my new supplies I just got from MFT, so I thought I would join the MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge 170. I pulled out this cute little girl from the set called BB Sunflower Sweetheart since I fell in love with it after viewing the design team cards and couldn't wait to use it. 

Here is my card:
All of cards designed by the team were my favorites especially one by Karen Giron over at The Sweetest Thing which inspired me to create this card. For the background, I used some Centura pearl Snow White cardstock along with Modern Mosaic embossing folder (SU) to add some shimmer.

Before I started, I stamped this image 5 times using Ultra Smooth Premium cardstock and played around. Well more like practicing using different colors to see what combos would work best using my Spectrum Noir markers since I'm still learning In the afternoon, my daughter was wondering why I had a sheet with all of the different variations, and she helped me to pick out this one. 

I am used one of the die shapes from Blueprints 13 for the left hand side and colored it to match the outfit but added them under the rectangle and realized afterward the sketch had them on top of the left side. It still works.

I was so excited to use just about everything I had around me and finished only 1 card since I was playing with other items in between and coloring. It's all about having fun!! 

Here are the pen numbers:
Skin: FS2, FS4, FS7, CR3 - Dress & Hat: CR6, CR7, CR11 - Hair: TN9, TN7, FS4 - Flower: GB1, GB4, TN7, White gel pen - Bird: CT1, GB3, GB4

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: BB Sunflower Sweetheart (MFT), LJD Western Backgrounds (MFT)
Cardstock: White, Heavenly Blue (ctmh), Old Olive (SU), Centura Pearl Snow White (Crafter's Companion), Vellum
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Spectrum Noir Markers, River Rock (SU)
Accessories:  Pierced Rectangle STAX (MFT), Grassy Edges (MFT), Sunflower Sweetheart Die-namics (MFT), Modern Mosaic EF (SU), Stampin Dimensionals (SU)

No comments:

Post a Comment