Monday, April 21, 2014

MFTWSC172 - For You with A Daisy on Your Birthday

So happy to get another card done and enjoyed playing with more goodies I recently bought. This one is for the MFTWSC172 challenge over at MFT. Normally I take my pictures outdoors but tonight I took it indoor which I haven't found the best location yet.

Here is my card:
During the April release, MFT came out with new hybird inks and I was so excited to see how well they work, so obviously I had to buy some. At the same time, I purchased their sample card stock to go with the inks since I wasn't sure how they would match up to what I had. This way, I couldn't go wrong. The great thing about the sample card stock is that it contains 1 sheet of all the colors plus a reference sheet with the names.  

From there, I printed out some clear labels and added them to the bottom of each sheet. This way if the card stock gets mixed around and/or I have scraps, I know exactly what color it is. As you can see in the photo, I used Lemon Drop for the Daisy. This helps me stay organized especially when I also have SU and CTMH card stock.  Really loved the card stock and will be playing more with it along with the new hybird inks.

Back to the card: 
For the background, I used the fishnet stencil and embossed it using Whip Cream. Love the pattern and the look. Next, I cut out a fishtail flag using Electric Red and pulled out Pretty Poppies stamp set to emboss the words in white.

The Gerbera Daisy was so much fun and used foam mount to pop it up and in between. The sentiment came from the stamp set: Blissful Butterflies and I added liquid pearl (Onyx) for a border around the oval. Basic Pearls were added as a final touch.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Pretty Poppies (MFT), Blissful Butterflies (MFT)
Paper:
Cardstock: Whip Cream, Black Licorice, Electric Red, Gumdrop Green, Lemon Drop
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Gerbera Daisy Die-namic (MFT), Fishnet Stencil (MFT), Die-namics Leaf Filled Flourish (MFT), White embossing powder, Liquid Pearl (Onyx), Basic Pearls, Stampin Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment