Monday, April 14, 2014

MFTWSC171 - Birthday Sentiments

Joining this week sketch challenge over at MFT MFTWSC171 and loving the layout! At the same time, decided to use this month's color palette challenge#4 at MFT.


Here is my card below:
For the color palette challenge, I didn't have any MFT cardstock so I had to best match with what I had and used SU cardstock since I find that I use it more often so I used Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo, and Gumball Green.

For the base and fishtail, I used my new Blueprints 13 and than used Blueprints 3 for the flower and circle. I must admit it's fun to have a variety of blueprints and combine different dies to create a card.
For the sentiment, I used the stamp set from MFT called: Birthday Sentiments and added the leaves using the Die-namics layered leaves which I love the layered look. Final touch was to add a white button with blue hemp cord and than colored 2 basic pearls with my Spectrum Noir Markers to match the flowers.

To join the weekly challenge, MFTWSC171 click here to go directly there and for the color palette challenge,click here. Most of all have fun!! Let me know what you think?

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Birthday Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:  Designer Series Paper Stacks - Neutral (SU), DSP Gingham Garden (SU)
Cardstock: White, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Gumball Green
Inks: Island Indigo (SU)
Accessories:  Blueprints 12 & 13 (MFT), Die-namics Layered Leaves (MFT), Button, Hemp Cord, Basic Pearls, Stampin Dimensionals



4 comments:

  1. Love this card and he color combo. The "2" sentiment is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Darn! I should have ordered those leaves when I placed my order yesterday! They will for sure go on next time's list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, congrats on winning the sketch challenge this week, so well deserved, hugs

    ReplyDelete