Monday, November 3, 2014

MFTWSC200 - Sweet Birthday Wishes with Polka Dots

 
What a fun sketch over at My Favorite Things with MFTWSC200 so I thought it would be perfect to create my sister's birthday card with it and also join this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes.

Here is my card:
Started off using some Black Licorice and Wild Cherry card stock for my base and than grabbed some Kraft card stock for the panels which was stamped using: Darling Dots and white embossing powder.

For the center panel, I cut some Banana Split card stock to place behind this cute little girl and than used the Horizontal Stitched Strip die with black licorice again.

This cute little girl came from the stamp set: Sweet Birthday Wishes which was colored using copic markers and cut out using the matching die for this set. The little heart on the horizontal strip came from Blueprints #8 and for final touch, I added polka dots using white gel pen since my sister loves them.

Please make sure to stop over at the challenge sites as they have talented design teams which always have beautiful cards and terrific inspiration.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Sweet Birthday Wishes (MFT), Darling Dots (MFT)
Cardstock: White, Black Licorice, Wild Cherry, Kraft, Banana Split, X Press It Blending
Inks: MFT Hybird Ink Black, Copic Markers
Accessories:  Horizontal Stitched Strips (MFT), Blueprints 8 (MFT), White Gel Pen, Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder, and Foam Mount

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Congrats on the MFT win! You've made me put Darling Dots on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love your coloring of the sweet image. Congrats on your MFT win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! I just love how you colored her!

    ReplyDelete