Sunday, July 12, 2015

MFTWSC236 - Sending Hugs and Smiles

Love this sketch over at MFT Card Challenge MFTWSC236 and wanted to create a special card for Kathy over at The Daily Marker and giving her a thumbs up for all the times she demonstrates and shows us in her videos the different techniques one can do with coloring and different mediums. She is fabulous and so sweet to also show us tricks and tips. I say "Wonderful teacher"

Here is my card:
As I was doing this card, I found myself converting this into a 5 x 5 card instead of an A2 which gave me a chance to use my Blueprints 14 frame using Sweet Tooth cardstock. To add a mat base under, I grabbed Black Licorice cardstock. Next, I used the biggest Stiched Jumbo Fishtail Banner die along with Sno Cone cardstock for the center main attraction. Kraft cardstock was added to each side. 

Next, I pulled out the In Bloom: Addie's Garden from Winnie & Walter and colored in these flowers and leaves with my Copic marker. For the sentiment, I used The Big, the Bold, and Friends along with the the Stitched Circles from Simon Says Stamps. To finish off this card, I added some sequins. I have another idea with this sketch as well as it's so cute.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge sites, please go take a look to see fabulous inspiration and creativity.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: The Big, the Bold and Friends (Winne &Walter), In Bloom: Addie's Garden (Winnie & Walter)
Card stock and Paper: Sweet Tooth, Kraft, Sno Cone, Black Licorice (MFT), X Press It Blending Paper (copic coloring)  
Inks: Black Licorice Hybird (MFT), Copic Markers
Accessories: Blueprint 14 (MFT), Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Banner (MFT), Stitches Circles (SSS), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Craft Foam, Foam Mount Tape 

3 comments:

  1. Love that layout Elizabeth and your colouring on the flowers is amazing! Have a lovely week! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, your card is stunning! I love the beautiful flowers. Thank you for playing along with MFT Sketch Challenge 236!

    ReplyDelete