Monday, July 20, 2015

PP254 Using Frames - Happy Birthday Mom!!

Saw this fabulous challenge over at The Paper Players with PP254 and just had to play as I love frames. Also, joining Seize the Birthday as they have "Anything Goes" this week. This card is for my sweet Mother who's birthday is today. I hope she has a fantastic day!
Here is my card:
Here I started by cutting out a Stitched frame using Kraft cardstock and Stitched Rectangles Dies by Simon Says Stamps. Next, I went on to create this background by using some of my newest inks I got from Simon called Jellybean, Maliblue, and Rosie Cheeks. Afterwards, I used my mister and sprayed some mixture of water and Perfect Pearls. To finish it, I added some white drops using my distress paint and a waterbrush.
Afterwards, I added this adorable sentiment from their Color of Fun release called: Big Scripty Greetings. Next, I got my hands on these gorgegous flowers from Altenew set called: Vintage Flowers that I recently purchased and created three different colored flowers in Pink, Yellow, and Blue. Final touch was to use some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge sites, please go take a look to see fabulous inspiration and creativity.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Big Scripty Greetings (SSS), Vintage Flowers (Altenew)
Card stock and Paper: White, Kraft (MFT),    
Inks: Black Licorice Hybird (MFT), Jellybean, Maliblue, Rosie Cheeks(SSS), 
Accessories: Stitched Rectangles (SSS), Distress Paint (Picket Fence), Sequins(PPP), Foam Mount

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the pretty flowers and the fun font on your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blooms! Great background too! Love this card design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful "framed" card Elizabeth! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colorful bouquet looks so beautiful against the kraft frame Elizabeth!
    Thanks for joining us at seize the birthday... we love to see you play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Elizabeth! Great colourful flowers that mimic that pretty background perfectly! Have a lovely week! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, I hope your mom loved it! Your florals are beautiful! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous Liz!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so bright and beautiful! I love the gorgeous blooms. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card - love that big script font! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete