Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dream Big

Wanted to do one more card for the Pop Up Challenge Kathy over at The Daily Marker is hosting from Aug 14th through Aug 17th and wanted to try out these eyelash technique she showed on Day 4 this post.

Here is my card:
Started off using my Blueprints 13 for my stitched base rectangle. Next, I embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder and used the Banner Bundle Die from Verve along with some black licorice card stock. Than, I added it to the card base and stamped the butterflies around the sentiment.
Aren't these butterflies so cute? It's from the stamp set called: Sparkly Dreams by Verve which I colored with my copic markers using a variety of color combos. Than, I added the details of the eyelashes to each butterfly using copic multi liner, but before that, I added an outline around the butterflies using my C1 copic marker to make them pop out a little more. It's very light but makes a difference.

Added some black cardstock under the white base and popped it up using craft foam. Last but not least added some sequins to finish it off and took my white sharpie pen to add a few dots.

If you haven't checked out Kathy's website, please stop over to check out all the inspiration she has.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set:  Sparkly Dreams (Verve)
Card stock and Paper: White, Black Licorice (MFT), X Press It Blending Paper (copic coloring)   
Inks: Black Licorice Hybird (MFT), copic markers, copic multi liner pen
Accessories:  Blueprint 13 (MFT), Banner Bundle Die (Verve), White Sharpie Pen, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Craft Foam

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Elizabeth! Great colouring and I love the addition of the white spots and 'eyelash' lines too! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and the C1 and eyelashes add a real nice finish. Love it

    ReplyDelete