Monday, August 10, 2015

Just Saying Hello

I'm back today with another card and love the idea of using die-cuts to create a card, so when I saw the Work It Wednesday challenge, I thought it would be a perfect time to create a card based on the challenge. In addition, a great chance to use my background that I created.

Here is my card:
Created this background by using ink blending technique. Starting at the bottom with Hot Lips, than Rosie CheeksDuckling, and Jellybean. I must say that I'm in love with this inks right now as they go on beautifully. Next, added the Triangle Screen Cover Up Die from MFT which was than added to the white card base.

Next, I wanted to focus on using just die-cuts, so I pulled out the "Hello" die from Simon Says Stamp and die cut it twice using white card stock and glued them together to create a raised look. Than, I die cut another "Hello" die using black card stock where I added it to the stack but slightly to the right to create a shadow look.

Than, I pulled out this butterfly die from Papertrey Ink called: Life is Beautiful  and die cut the base of the butterfly in white and the top using black card stock. Added some white dots around the butterfly using my white sharpie pen.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out all the inspiration.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set:  
Card stock and Paper: White, Black Licorice (MFT),  
Inks: Hot Lips, Rosie Cheeks, Duckling, Jellybean (SSS)
Accessories:  Triangle Cover Up (MFT), Hello Die (SSS), Life is Beautiful (PTI), White Sharpie Pen 

No comments:

Post a Comment