Saturday, August 15, 2015

So Cool - It's Your Birthday!


When I saw lesson 12 over at MFT blog on Symmentry/Asymmetry, I wanted to give it a try based on the lesson side of asymmetry. Also, when I saw the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge on food or drink, I went off to try and combine the two. 

Here is my card:
Started off with creating my background first by using Bold Paisley stencil along with some embossing paste which I mixed using 3 different colors. Summer Splash, Peackcock Feathers Distress, and than, Mowed Lawn Distress. Next, I used my blueprint 15 to cut out the stitched rectangle as my base.
Afterwards, I focused on creating my scene asymmetrical by die-cutting some brown paper bag cardstock using the Stitched Basics die for the sand area. Next, added in these adorable penguins, palm tree, and drink from the set: Penguins From Paradise which were colored in using my copic markers.

Last but not least added the sentiment which is embossed in white using the stamp set called: Totally Happy!. Don't want to forget, there is a Pop up colorig challenge Kathy over at The Daily Marker is hosting from Aug 14th through Aug 17th. Don't want to miss the fun!.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out all the inspiration.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set:  Penguins From Paradise (MFT), Totally Happy (MFT)
Card stock and Paper: White, Brown Paper Bag, Black Licorice (MFT), X Press It Blending Paper (copic coloring)   
Inks: Summer Splash (MFT), Peacok Feathers, Mowed Lawn (Distress)
Accessories:  Blueprints 15 (MFT), Basic Stitched (MFT), Bold Paisley Stencil (MFT), Embossing Paste (Ranger), White embossing powder (Ranger), Foam Mount.

1 comment: