Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Happy Bird-Day to You!

Wanted to play around with a NBUS (never been used stamp) that I've had for a long time and combine it with one of my new dies I just got. So I went off the make another Happy Birthday card. Joining over with this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog with the theme of"Anything Goes" plus also joining Seize The Birthday. where they have a topper of "The Weather".
Here is my card:
I'll explain a little about my thought process on this card where I started off by first die-cutting the focal frame using one of the newest dies from Pretty Pink Posh called Storybook 1 which I absolutely love using black cardstock. Since the black was a strong constrast, I added some white texture embossing paste along with the Tiny Dots Stencil from Simon Says Stamp to soften the look.

For the scene, I wanted to add a sky along with some grass by using the blending technique using Jellybean (SSS) ink along with Sea Glass (SSS) ink and my blending tool. 
Next, I wanted to create some layers so I pulled out my Blueprints 20 from MFT and die-cut the white scallop base and the Stitched rectangle using Kraft cardstock. Added some fun foam under the scallop base. This adorable flamingo was from the set called: Fabulous Flamigo from Reverse Confetti. where I used Cotton Candy (MFT) ink along with Ripe Raspberry ink (MFT) for the wings. To help me cut it out, I used the matching dies from this set. 

In my thought process, I wanted to focus on using just the stamps from the set to create my scene, so the sentiment is also from this set. Last but not least, I added some 4m Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out all the inspiration.


3 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! Those flamingos are too cute and I love the design of the card and papers you used!! Very sweet!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I like how you continued the background across the two panels, and those flamingoes are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that polkadots make me smile... EVERYTIME!
    Gorgeous card Elizabeth.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete