Sunday, September 13, 2015

It's Your Day - Happy Birthday

I'm not sure about you, but it's been super hot in CA this past week so if anything I hope everyone stays as cool as possible. I know my craft room was having a melt down. Now moving on, I wanted to wish one of my sweet kind hearted IG (Instagram) friends, Tracy (tracyfp) who is celebrating her birthday. I'm so blessed to know her and appreciate all the support and encouragment she gives. Happy Birthday Tracy and hope you enjoy your special day and all year round. 
Also, joining over with this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog with the theme of "Use a Stamp" Also, joining over at Seize The Birthday with "Anything Goes" and last but not least joining Darnell over at djkardkreations as she is hosting her 5th "NBUS" challenge that you don't want to miss.
Here is my card:
When I saw this set come out called: Darling Friends I couldn't resist but to get as I love all of these cute little images and was so happy to get it in the mail yesterday. Here I trying to create a differrent background altogether and streching my die out a little more. Therefore.....
I started by creating a sky where I use the clouds die from the Stitched Borders 2 die from Pretty Pink Posh to assist me. Than, I used the I used the Stitched Duo 3 die to cut out all the little squares and kept them in the same order in which I cut them out with. 

For the last row at the bottom, I used my blending tool along with Jellybean ink (SSS) on a strip of white cardstock and once again used the die to cut out the little squares. Next, I used this cute Twine and Bow die and cut it out once using white cardstock and another time, using silver glitter cardstock. I must say that I just love the way the twine and bow looks as it doesn't add bulk 

Colored in this adorable cute little mouse and balloon with my copic markers and than added some clear wink of stella along with some clear sparkling sequins. The sentiment is from the stamp set called Happy & Smile from Simon Says Stamp which was heat set using white embossing powder.

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out all the inspiration.

SUPPLIES:

6 comments:

  1. So cuuuute! Love the grid-cut sky and grass! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness this is adorable! That background is superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Elizabeth! an adorable card, luv hoe you created the sweet clouds...fun! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background you've created with the tiles!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background and beautifully coloured image! A perfect birthday card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy WOW, Elizabeth! You put a ton of thought and work into this adorable card and it really shows! Thank you so much for showing how you stretched that die. And your coloring is just magnificent, so bright and happy!! Thank you, too, for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ so long ago! I'm sorry that my nursing duties have made me so late to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete