Tuesday, September 29, 2015

MFTWSC247 - Happy Birthday to My Sweet Daughter

I couldn't resist but to create a card using the MFTWSC247 weekly sketch from MFT Card Challenge and to play with some more fun stuff. Most importantly, my daughter's birthday is in one day, so I wanted to create something special for her as she is so precious to me. 

Now I need to get my grandaughter to cooperate and let me ink her hand up to make a handprint on the inside of the card. Also, joining the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where they have "No Designer Paper" and Seize the Birthday.

Here is my card:
This was so much fun to make as I first started off with creating the background and playing with some distress markers. Also, I was experimenting to see the look on watercolor paper as well as white cardstock. Both look great, but for this card, I used the white card stock.

What I did was grabbed an acrylic block and 5 distress markers (Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey, and Mowed Lawn). Next, I took each marker and colored a few lines onto the acrylic block in the same order as listed. 

Than, I took a little mister filled with water and little Perfect Pearls mixture and spritz over the block. From there, I applied the block directly over the paper and repeated this several times until my background was covered. 
From there, I cut the background using the Stitched Cover Up Companion Vertical die from MFT and ran it through my big shot. Don't want to forget, I also added some silver glittered card stock along with the Scribbles die to add to my background. 

For the base of the card, I used the stitched rectangle from Blueprints 25 using Blu Raspberry card stock, die-cut the white frame using the Stitched Cover Up Vertical die and pieced thoses all together. 

Colored in this adorable sweet little girl using my copics and made sure to add pink shoes, purse, and scarf as her favorite color is pink from the stamp set: Mon Cheri. Added the sentiment from the set called: Label Maker and cute 4m sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. (Mossy Green, Pink Peonies, Cornflower, Sparkling Clear)

SUPPLIES:


4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, this is a perfect Birthday card!! I am sure your daughter loved it! You added so many fabulous detail! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful pastels Elizabeth! Your coloring looks amazing!
    Thanks for joining Seize the Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is so fatastic and your coloring fits perfectly!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun birthday card! I love the colours in the background and that beautifully coloured image! The added sparkle is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete