Monday, January 5, 2015

MFTWSC209 - Sparkles inside a Mason Jar

I decided to make another shaker card and give this sketch another go at it using dies as a primary focus. This is based on the MFTWSC209 weekly sketch over at My Favorite Things which ends tomorrow. Also, adding this to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge with "Anything goes" week.

Here is my card:
I wanted the Mason Jar with the sequin sparkles and hearts to be the main attraction, so I kept the rest of the card clean and simple. Here I started with Razzleberry card stock and Blueprints 20 and love the little scallop border this creates.

Than I pulled out some Pearl White Shimmering card stock and using the same blueprint cut the smaller stitched rectangle. Instead of the strip across, I used 3/4" Chevron Ribbon in Blushing Bride

I added the ribbon first before adhering the acetate sheet. To fill up the mason jar, I die cut several hearts from the Mason Jar Die Set using Wild Cherry, Cotton Candy, Pink Lemonade, Bubblegum, Pearl White shimmering card stock, and several sequins.

The lid was cut using silver foil sheets by SU and made a little tag, again from the Mason Jar Die set and attached it with Pink waxy cord I've had forever. The sentiment is from the Mason Jar Labels and almost forgot, but I'm sure you would guess correctly, I used lots of foam mount tape.

Again, please make sure to stop over at the challenge sites as they always have terrific inspiration.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Mason Jar Labels (MFT)
Cardstock: White, Wild Cherry, Bubblegum, Pink Lemonade, Cotton Candy, Sno Cone, Shimmering Card stock (Pearl White) - Crafters Companion, Silver Foil Sheets (SU)
Inks: Black Licorice Hybird Ink (MFT)
Accessories:  Blueprints 20 (MFT), Mason Jar Dies (MFT), Sequins (Verve), Pink Waxy cord, 3/4" Chevron Ribbon - Blushing Bride (SU), Foam Mount 


2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant shaker jar and it makes a fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the mason jar as a shaker card! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete