Saturday, January 10, 2015

SPDSS17 & NBUS#3 - Hello Sunshine

I've been wanting to do this sketch and when I saw the NBUS challenge over at Darnell Knauss I was inspired to use a "Never before used stuff" which is this cute image from the stamp set: Hello Sunshine . I have several NBUS and this year's goal is to use them.

This is for the Sugar Pea Design Challenge SPDSS17SPD12 challenge of "Anything Goes" and of course NBUS#3 challenge.
Here is my card:
Started with Blueprints 15 and Kraft card stock as my base and added some patterned paper from MME called: Lost and Found which is so adorable. Next, I cut a stitched circle from the patterned paper, but wanted to add some color, so picked up Blu Raspberry as a mat behind it. Added a strip of Banana Split card stock using a horizontal die from Blueprints 1.

I cut a Traditional Tag and stamped the image right in the center, but since I wanted the tag smaller, I put the die tag over the image again of where I wanted to re-cut. By doing this, I got a smaller tag and perfect to place on this sketch. 

Added some foam mount underneath the tag to add some dimension and added a few sequin to finish it off along with some Wink of Stella on the cuffs and bottom jacket to add some sparkle.

Please make sure to stop over at the challenge sites as they have talented design teams plus make sure to stop over at the NBUS website as it gives you inspiration to use your never before used stuff. Again, this is one of my goals for this year.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Hello Sunshine (Sugar Pea)
Paper: Lost & Found (MME)
Cardstock: White, Kraft, Blu Rasberry, X Press It Blending Paper (copic coloring)
Inks: Black Licorice Hybird Ink (MFT), Copic Markers
Accessories:  Blueprints 15 (MFT), Blueprints 1 (MFT), Sequins (Verve), Circle Stax (MFT), Stitched Circle Stax (MFT), Stitched Traditional Tags (MFT), Wink of Stella clear, Foam Mount 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic colouring Elizabeth! I envy people who are good at colouring, i'm not good at all! Super sweet image and a pretty card too! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Elizabeth! I and love the happy and bright colors!! Thank you for entering into our SugarSketch 17 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your goal for 2015 to use your NBUS, Elizabeth! Your card is a layered and patterned delight in every way! You have showcased that sweet image so perfectly!! Thank you so much for linking to my NBUS Challenge #3! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you pop back over to my place and join me as a follower, too! Have a great day and I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete