Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Simon Says Wed Challenge - Sending Thanks

This week Simon Says Wednesday challenge is to create "something new" in which they are show casing their exclusive stamp sets this week. Therefore, it was perfect to pull out the January Simon Says Kit and see what I could come up with since this is new stash for me.
Here is my card:
For this card, I wanted to create something new for me which I haven't done which is color blocking. Therefore, I pulled out the Horizontal Stitched Die from MFT and cut out several colors using the kit's card stock . Really love these colors that came in the kit Velvet, Shimmer Glitz, Fog, and Smoke
Here you can see the new Stitched Circle Wafer dies from Simon Says which I love how you can get a double stitching effect. Here is what I did...first I cut all of the circle dies together without separating any dies to get a variety of sizes with this double stitch look and figured out which one would fit my sentiment.

Next, I placed one circle over the color block panel where I wanted the sentiment to go and placed the double stitch circle over the opening. Than I die cut the word "Sending" and added it above the word "thanks" before adhering the color block panel with foam mount underneath.   

Last but not least, I added a few enamel dots in different colors to finish it off. Don't forget to check out the challenge and see what the design team came up.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp Set: Hand Lettered Winter Wishes (Simon Says), 
Cardstock: White, Velvet (Bazzill), Smoke (SS), Fog (SS), Shimmer Glitz (Bazzill)
Inks: Black (Hero Arts) 
Accessories:  Horizontal Stitched Strips (MFT), Sending Die Script (SS), Stitched Circle Wafer Dies (SS), Enamel Dots, Foam Mount

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card!! You rocked the SSS January Card Kit! Great design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete