Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sending Big Hugs with Birdie Friends

I'm back today with another card and was so excited to play with all of the new products released from Pretty Pink Posh. Also, joining this week over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge with "touchy feeling". 

I'm in love with the new March release from Pretty Pink Posh with all the fabulous dies, stamps, and sequin which I'm sure you will too. Here, I used this adorable Birdie Friends stamp set which I water colored using some Zig Clean Color Brush to create this scene along with using the coordinating matching dies which make it easy to cut the images. 
Next, I used this beutiful new Window Frames Die which has wonderful stiching and details. Not only does it have a stitched outline around the half circle but also leaves a stitched outline on the inside. 

To help me create the scene, I pulled out the Falling Hearts stencil from Simon Says Stamp and added texture by using Texture Paste. After waiting for it to dry, I sponged on top some Spun Sugar Distress ink to give it some color.  

Afterwards, I created some clouds using a combination of Spun Sugar and Mustard Seed distress ink. Now for the grass, I die cut the large scallops from the new Stitched Border 4 collection and added to the botttom. From there, I added some Silver Mini Star Confetti to add just a bit of sparkles in the sky. 

This Birdie Friends set has so many wonderful sentiments and love not only the sayings but the font and font mixes. Here, I used the little banner from the set and snipped off the legs and added a little blue. 

What is a shaker card without adding something to shake up? So, I pulled out some 
Silver Shimmer Beads and added that in. Last but not least, I used these cute little flowers from the Spring Flower Mix and added them on top of the acetate using mini glue dots. 

As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out the amazing inspiration over there. 

SUPPLIES:

2 comments: