Monday, March 14, 2016

Wishing You a Happy Birthday!


Had some fun again with putting this card together to wish one of my sweet friends from Instagram. Nina, I hope you enjoy your day and wanted to wish you a special Happy Birthday. Also, joining this weeks challenge over at Seize The Birthday.

Here is my card:
Here, I pulled out the Rainy Days and Winter Friends set from Pretty Pink Posh as I wanted to play with this cute umbrella, clouds, and adorable little penguin to create this Birthday scene. For the background, I die cut a few scallop borders using the Stitched Border 2 set and added some Sea Glass ink to add them to a corner.

Next, I blended some yellow in the center by using Mango ink from Altenew. Than, I had fun creating the shaker portion of this card by die-cutting the Stitched Film Strip by Pretty Pink Posh using fog card stock and lightweight chipboard as I was experimenting again. 

Basically, I used the chipboard vs using foam mount to create the shaker element and than added a combination of Mini Hearts in both Iridescent and gold . This keeps the shaker flater for mailing. Than, for the sentiment, I die cut a Stitched Speech Bubbles Die using black card stock and embossed in white using the Circle Sentiments from Reverse Confetti.

Last, but not least, added some Spring Flowers as final touch along with clear Wink of Stella for more sparkles. As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out the amazing inspiration over there. 



4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. Love the colors and the shaker windows..great job. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, so sweet with the penguin floating along in the umbrella. Love the shaker section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet card. The image is so cute and you did a great job with the background and coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your three panel shaker Elizabeth which turned into an incredible card! Thanks for sharing your talents with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete