Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sending Hugs and Happy Thoughts

Had some fun again with putting this card together and using some NBUS (Never-Been-Used-Schtuff) I've had stashed away to join with Darnell over at djkardkreations challenge #6.  Also, one more card for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge with "touchy feeling". 

It always feels good to pull out something you've had for awhile and actually use or even play with it. Here, I pulled out the Shutter Cover Die from Altenew to create my background and instead of die cutting, I used it to emboss my background.  

Next, I added some splatter using a water brush and Picked Raspberry distress ink to finish the background as the cover die is amazing as is. Also, added some fun foam underneath the panel before adding it to the card base. 
For the flower and leaves, I pulled out the Beautiful Day stamp from Altenew and used my prisma colored pencils to add in more details on top of the flower. From there, I couldn't resist but to use the new Scallop Circle from Pretty Pink Posh using Tropical Teal card stock.

Before putting the circle shaker together, I first blended in some color into the background. Here I used Mango Smoothie from Altenew for the yellow and than some Teeny Bikini from Simon Says Stamp for the pink. 

As you know, I love sequins and when looking at all of the colors I have, I found this beautiful shade of green, 6mm Peridot Mist from Pretty Pink Posh iridescent collection that I never used before and mixed in some 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins as well. 

To finish off the card, I couldn't resist but to use these clear droplets in both small and large size from Pretty Pink Posh. As always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out the amazing inspiration over there. 

SUPPLIES:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Elizabeth! This is just stunning! Just fabulous! Have a very lovely day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shaker card for springtime, Liz! I followed along mesmerized as you went through the steps you took to make this matickuless card!! (Seriously, I drew a blank on meticulous there for a minute! Thank goodness people think I misspell words on purpoise! Don't tell my secret!) Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I apologize for taking so long to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete