Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Sending Hugs & Prayers

I'm back today with another card I created to send to someone who needs some hugs and prayers! Plus, it gave me a chance to play with this new flower set as I was so inspired by Laura's card when it was first introduced. Entering this card over at Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge of "SSSflickrchallenge#41" with Anything Goes.
Here is my card:
When first creating this card, I wanted to have the center as the focus so I used this beautiful Window Frame from Pretty Pink Posh as it has the most incredible stitching detail along the outside and inside of the window frame. Plus, I love the size! Here I'm using the largest one.

To create the framed look, I once again used the Stitched Rectangles from Simon Says Stamp and placed the Window frame in the center using Sea Glass card stock.  

Next, I embossed almost all of the images from the Spring Flowers set from Simon Says Stamp using white embossing powder from Ranger. I do love ink blending for backgrounds, so when I saw Laura's video and card, I got inspired to try it out with images and use some of my favorite inks from Simon Says Stamp. Sentiment is from Friendship Blooms 

Afterwards, I did take my copic markers on a few images and added some darker shades in some areas such as the yellow and peach flower. All inks are from Simon Says Stamp and one from Altenew

For the leaves, I used Jellybean and Green Leaf 
Flowers: Teeny Bikini, Hot Mama, and Melon along with Mango ink from Altenew
Copic: E93 & YR23 on top of the Melon color and Y15 and Y17 on top of the yellow

Last, but not least, I added in some favorite sparkles, 4mm and 6mm Sparkling clear sequinsAs always, if you haven't checked out the challenge, please stop over to check out the amazing inspiration over there. 


1 comment: